Through the Theatrical Dance International (TDI) syllabus children are able to progress though a range of classes designed to meet their specific confidence and ability levels. From the basic movements of classical ballet they progress through the grades and mayor levels, developing their understanding of technique, musicality and performance.
Leotard, tights, ballet shoes and hair neatly in a bun. Susanne Hanger Dance and production t-shirts can be worn in class.
• One class per week on Saturday up to Primary Level
• Grades have two classes per week – Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday
• Majors have three classes per week.
This syllabus is introduced into ballet classes to give children an insight into the wonderful music and dance styles of other countries. These dance styles further develop strength, rhythm and style.
National Character Attire
Leotard, tights, ballet shoes and hair neatly in a bun. Susanne Hanger Dance and production t-shirts can be worn in class. National skirts are held at the studio for use in class.
• National Character is incorporated into ballet classes.
This style is introduced into ballet classes at major levels. This style incorporates all your dance techniques with an emphasis on an expressive and free dance style.
Leotard, tights, bare feet and hair neatly tied back.
• In term 1 contemporary is offered as an extra class for pupils choosing to participate in this style in our production.
This class is for anyone aged 7 plus who wants to:
• Improve core strength
• Improve flexibility
• Learn new gymnastics and acrobatic skills
• Learn choreography incorporating dance, gymnastic and acrobatic skills
Acrobatic Dance Attire
Leotard, bike pants. Susanne Hanger Dance and production t-shirts can be worn in class.
• Held on Thursdays